Shine a light on hidden problems
Overloading. Component failure. Low liquid level.
These issues seriously shorten the life of your equipment and can even kill a transformer incredibly fast. SDMyers technicians use infrared (IR) scanning to detect problems that you never knew you had. Thermal imaging is an essential element of a comprehensive transformer maintenance plan. Add IR scanning to your arsenal today and mitigate the risk of costly interruptions.
When performed in conjunction with visual inspection and fluid analysis, IR scanning boosts your reliability by putting another form of rich data in the hands of the experts.
Cause areas of your transformer to overheat
Can lead to permanent damage
low Liquid levels
Can cause transformer temperatures to soar
Indicate damage to the transformer, LTC, bushings and connectors
improper heat dissipation
Could indicate deeper underlying issues with your equipment
- A highly trained mobile diagnostic technician from SDMyers scans your equipment from every critical angle.
- The technician then transmits the thermographic images to SDMyers for expert analysis.
- A transformer specialist analyzes the images, noting anomalies that could indicate potential problems.
- Your images are uploaded to your Transformer Dashboard for easy access and review.
- We send you a detailed report that includes any recommendations on what to do next.