Upcoming Training Dates
For more information, please call 330.630.7000 x4018 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Para español, llame al 330.630.7000 x3485 o envíe un correo electrónico a email@example.com.
This is a 4-day course presented at the Electric Power Training Center operated by WAPA in Golden, CO. During the four days, the student will be introduced to important concepts in the effective maintenance and management of one of the most critical components of the electrical system, the transformer. It covers chemical, mechanical and electrical components of the transformer, significant requirements and methods for maintenance, provides the fundamentals to calculate key factors of transformer dry out procedures, provides understanding of the operation and application of processing equipment (i.e. reclamation rigs) and the regasketing and selection of all key gasket materials on a transformer.
What You'll Learn
- Understand why a Reliability Centered Maintenance plan is essential
- Identify transformer core and winding configurations
- Understand the roles of solid and liquid insulation
- Identify routine and non-routine tests
- Interpret chemical test results
- Complete safe Inspections and Sampling Procedures
- Understand field electrical testing
- Understand the operation of Load and No-Load Tap changers
- Calculate key factors of transformer dry out procedures
- Understand the operation and application of the reclamation rig and combating oxidation