Upcoming Training Dates
This course provides a foundational understanding of the internal and external elements of the transformer, the essentials of transformer operation and maintenance implementation and related industry standards. It covers the chemical, mechanical and electrical components of the transformer, the purpose and operating characteristics of these components, the significant requirements and methods for maintenance, and the major testing involved in maintenance.
What You'll Learn
- The role of transformers in power transmission and distribution
- Transformer design and assembly
- The transformer aging process
- Common dielectric fluid tests
- Interpreting test results (mineral oils)
- Common field electrical tests and their purpose
- Predictive, preventative and reactive maintenance
- Chemical, mechanical and electrical maintenance procedures
- Equipment condition assessments
- and more…
This course is also available as customer on-site training.