Golden, CO | November 13-16, 2018
Day 1 - Day 3
Transformer Management Essentials (formerly Half-Century Transformer)
This course provides a foundational understanding of the internal and external elements of the transformer, the essentials of transformer operation and maintenance implementation and related industry standards. It covers the chemical, mechanical and electrical components of the transformer, the purpose and operating characteristics of these components, the significant requirements and methods for maintenance, and the major testing involved in maintenance. *Onsite custom pricing available
What You'll Learn
- The role of transformers in power transmission and distribution
- Transformer design and assembly
- The transformer aging process
- Common dielectric fluid tests
- Interpreting test results (mineral oils)
- Common field electrical tests and their purpose
- Predictive, preventative and reactive maintenance
- Chemical, mechanical and electrical maintenance procedures
- Equipment condition assessments
- and more…
Load Tap Changer Principles & Maintenance
This class explains the theory of load tap changing and identifies the various types and styles of tap changers, their components, and sequences of operation. Additionally, this class discusses monitoring, inspections, and testing required for developing an intelligent preventative load tap changer (LTC) maintenance program. *Onsite custom pricing available
What You'll Learn
- Identify the purpose of load tap changers.
- Identify load tap changer components.
- Identify the sequence of operation, including those with vacuum interrupters.
- Learn monitoring and testing procedures.
- Review of inspection and testing procedures.
- Develop a preventative maintenance program for LTCs.