Honolulu, HI | April 9-11, 2018
Day 1 - Day 3
Advanced Transformer Management (formerly Transformer 360)
The aging of existing transformers and the changes in modern transformer design are two of the challenges currently facing maintenance professionals. The Advanced Transformer Management Course was developed to help equip the next generation of professionals to competently meet those challenges. Configured for flexibility, this course is divided into three one-day segments that may be taken as a whole or separated according to individual need.
What You'll Learn
The first day is our Transformer Management Essentials: Re-Energized course, followed by four half-day sessions of foundational information on Risk and Reliability, DGA, LTC and Electrical Testing.
Risk & Reliability Fundamentals
This seminar will provide training and education to those responsible for identifying, assessing and mitigating risks associated with distribution and power transformers.
Transformers and other electrical equipment are assets that have ongoing maintenance needs or are at risk for failure. The seminar assists participants in developing an intelligent maintenance program that will evaluate risks and consequences of failure and prioritize maintenance needs according to our data and standards, industry standards and best engineering practices.
Although the concepts and curriculum of this course may stand alone, the principles of responsible, cost-effective testing and predictive/preventive maintenance embodied in this course are based on and offer an effective conclusion to the Half Century Transformer three-day course.
What You'll Learn
- Attendees will learn causes of failures and how to assess the risk of failures.
- Develop or improve a risk-based asset management program for your company.
- Assess and implement proper maintenance practices to prevent unplanned and unscheduled outages.
- Understand test results and perform an analysis of your company’s electrical system in order to improve operating conditions.
- The attendee will be able to perform a transformer assessment to determine the condition and risk of your transformer investment.
- Learn how to develop or improve a risk-based asset management program.
- Identify categories of assets within an organization.
- Define risk-based asset management and why it is important in managing the life cycle.
- Perform an analysis of an electrical system equipment with an emphasis on transformers.
- Identify advantages of various maintenance programs and the benefit of on-line monitors.